Find auto mechanic certification training classes or automotive technology associate’s degree programs at accredited trade schools or technical colleges. Use the search application to connect with a mechanic trade school program near you.
Schools with Automotive Technology Programs
These trade schools and tech colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Florida Career College
- Carrington College
- Lincoln Tech
- Arizona Automotive Institute
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
- Porter & Chester Institute
- Tidewater Tech
- San Joaquin Valley College
- United Education Institute
- Charter College
Schools with Aircraft Mechanic Training
How do I become an auto mechanic?
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- You can choose to go to a trade school; programs last around 1 year.
- You can go to a technical or community college and earn an associate’s degree in automotive technology; programs last two years if you attend full time.
To increase your odds of getting a top job, getting trade school training and earning certifications is important.