Find accredited trade schools and technical colleges near you with auto mechanic certification training, degree, and associate’s degree programs. Automotive technology programs can take as few as 10 months to complete.
Use the search application to connect with a mechanic trade school program near you.
Schools with Automotive Technology Programs
These trade schools and tech colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Automotive Training Center
- Florida Career College
- Carrington College
- Lincoln Tech
- Arizona Automotive Institute
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
- Porter & Chester Institute
- Tidewater Tech
- San Joaquin Valley College
- United Education Institute
- Charter College
Schools with Aircraft Mechanic Training
How do I become an auto mechanic?
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- You can choose to go to a trade school; programs last around 1 year.
- You can go to a technical or community college and earn an associate’s degree in automotive technology; programs last two years if you attend full time.
To increase your odds of getting a top paying skilled trade job, getting trade school training and earning certifications is important. Read about mechanic certificate training vs associate’s degree programs.
Find a School Near You
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
Mechanic training may not be available in all locations, use the search application to connect with a school now.