This list of fast trade school programs includes those ranging from about 1 month to 1 year in length. The following programs don’t take a lot of time or money to complete and a few of them can even be taken online. The jobs these trade school programs will train you for have good salaries and the most recent salary information (released in 2022) is noted below. We expect the new data to be released in a couple months and will update this information, so bookmark this page for future reference.
Use our program search application to connect with a trade school near you.
Fast Trade School Programs with Good Pay
The salaries listed below are the average pay from the official BLS website. Keep in mind, entry level pay is less, but as you gain experience, your paycheck will increase to match. In some areas the jobs listed, like truck driver and HVAC technician are moving very fast and may be paying more in your area than this list would indicate. Find a local trade school now.
We list more than just construction programs here since many types of career training programs are available at “trade schools”.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) training programs are fast! They take 3-6 weeks to complete; average pay: $50,340 per year. The truck driver shortage as of the time of this update is estimated at 60,000 drivers.
- Diesel mechanic training programs take 6 months to 1 year to finish, but some schools do offer 2 year associate’s degree programs; average pay: $53,020 per year.
Read: What Does a Diesel Mechanic Do? for more.
- Certified medical assistant programs can take as little 8 weeks to a few months to complete. This is another career where you can stay in school longer, up to an associate’s degree; average pay: $38,190 per year.
- Dental Assistant programs take 9 months to 1 year for certification training; average pay: $42,510 per year. There are online dental assistant programs available in many states.
Read: What Does a Dental Assistant Do? (& How to Become One) for more.
Home Health Aide
- Home Health Aide courses are fast generally taking only 3 months; average pay: $29,260 per year.
- Medical coding programs take about 8 weeks to a few months complete and it’s a popular online course that you can complete at your own pace. This is a career where you can stay in school longer, up to an associate’s degree; average pay: $48,310.
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant college courses take 6-12 weeks to complete, this is also a popular online course; average pay: $33,250 per year.
- HVAC school programs take about 6 months to 1 year to finish; average pay: $54,690 per year or $24.72 per hour. HVAC jobs are plentiful in many areas.
- Phlebotomy Technician training takes around 1 year of college classes; average pay: $38,450 per year. Phlebotomist is also career that requires some hands on training but hybrid classroom-online courses may be available.
Find a phlebotomy school near you.
- Plumbing trade school programs take about 1 year of school, then you start your apprenticeship; average pay: $63,350 per year.
The program times listed are estimates based on hours of credit needed or other references from our partner trade schools and technical colleges. I will probably add to this list so check back periodically.
Reference and more reading: