This list of fast trade school programs includes those ranging from about 1 month to 1 year in length. The following programs don’t take a lot of time or money to complete and a few of them can even be taken online. The jobs these trade school programs lead to have good salaries and the most recent (released in 2021) salary information is noted below.
Use our program search application to connect with a trade school.
Fast Trade School Programs with Good Pay
The salaries listed below are the average pay from the official BLS website. Keep in mind, entry level pay is less, but as you gain experience, your paycheck will increase to match. In some areas the jobs listed, like truck driver and HVAC technician are moving very fast and have been paying more than this list would indicate. Find a local trade school now.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) training programs are fast! They take 3-6 weeks to complete; average pay: $47,130 per year or $22.66 per hour per hour. There is a major trucker shortage right now.
- Diesel mechanic training programs take 6 months to 1 year to finish, but some schools do offer 2 year associate’s degree programs; average pay: $50,200 per year or $24.13 per hour.
Read: What does a diesel mechanic do? for more.
- Certified medical assistant programs can take as little 8 weeks to a few months to complete. This is another career where you can stay in school longer, up to an associate’s degree; average pay: 35,850 per year or $17.23 per hour.
- Dental Assistant programs take 9 months to 1 year for certification training; average pay: $41,180 per year or $19.80 per hour. There are online dental assistant programs available in many states.
Read: What does a dental assistant do? for more.
Home Health Aide
- Home Health Aide courses are fast generally taking only 3 months; average pay: $27,080 per year or $13.02 per hour.
- Medical coding programs take about 8 weeks to a few months complete and it’s a popular online course that you can complete at your own pace. This is a career where you can stay in school longer, up to an associate’s degree; average pay: $44,090 or $21.20 per hour.
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant college courses take 6-12 weeks to complete, this is also a popular online course; average pay: $30,830 per year or $14.82 per hour.
- HVAC school programs take about 6 months to 1 year to finish; average pay: $51,420 per year or $24.72 per hour. HVAC jobs are plentiful in many areas.
- Phlebotomy Technician training takes around 1 year of college classes; average pay: $36,320 per year or $17.46 per hour. Phlebotomist is also career that requires some hands on training but hybrid classroom-online courses may be available.
Find a phlebotomy school near you.
- Plumbing trade school programs take about 1 year of school, then you start your apprenticeship; average pay: $56,330 per year or $27.08 per hour.
The program times listed are estimates based on hours of credit needed or other references from our partner trade schools and technical colleges. I will probably add to this list so check back periodically.
Reference and more reading: