Find a diesel mechanic training program at an accredited trade school near you. Colleges offer local diesel technology programs and some schools have courses with a mixture of classroom and online classes.
Use the search application to find a diesel mechanic school near you.
Colleges with Diesel Mechanic Programs
This is just a sampling, there are more colleges with mechanics courses available. Use the program search application to find your local options.
- Lincoln Tech
- Remington College
- Porter and Chester
- Pittsburgh Tech
- Automotive Training Center
“What does a diesel mechanic do?
As a diesel mechanic, you work hard, and you get dirty; but, that’s all in a day’s work. The bigger the vehicle you’re working on, the better. Buses, trucks, and basically any other type of automobile that runs on diesel fuel are your patients, and you couldn’t be more satisfied than when you’re operating on them.”
“How do I become a certified diesel mechanic?
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- If you’re lucky enough to find on-the-job training, expect 3-4 years of training. Oh, and skip the next bullet point.
- Find a community college or trade school that offers certificates or diplomas for diesel engine repair.
- You’ll have both classroom instruction and hands-on training when you enroll in these programs.”
More reading and references: