Furthering your education can be expensive but it doesn’t have to be unaffordable. There are a few ways to get financial aid for classroom and online trade school to lessen the burden. Financial aid, scholarships and grants don’t have to be confusing and there are millions of $$$ available each year so might as well get your fair share.

Find Financial Aid for Trade School

There are three major types of financial aid available for trade, vocational and tech training. There are government grants, scholarships, and government loans.

Government Grants – Thought of as ‘gift aid’ because the money is free and doesn’t require re-payment. Grants are generally based on need and not scholarship.

  • Workforce Development Grant – Awards up to $7,500 per year.
  • Blue Ribbon Grant – Designed to recognize and assist veterans, active duty military personnel, and other related individuals. Awards up to $15,000 per year.”

Scholarships – Are normally given to students with high academic/test scores and outstanding ability in their chosen field. Most scholarships require the student to remain in good academic standing.

Student Loans – Require reimbursement and the interest rate will vary depending if they are privately or federally funded.

How to Get Financial Aid for Vocational Training

From the school, colleges normally have their own aid which can be applied for in scholarship, grant or loan form. There are also state and federal gov funds awarded to students who need help with tuition.

Private schools can have great financial aid programs so don’t be discouraged by the price. These funds are available both on need and accomplishment. Visit each of your potential schools websites, and look for their price-calculator(most schools have them). For an accurate estimation, you’ll need your tax documents to complete the calculations

Starting Point

You have start off by applying for the FAFSA. – https://fafsa.ed.gov/

This can be done online or via ground mail. The FAFSA is a time-consuming process but a school’s financial adviser will be able to help to make it more efficient. The sooner the application is submitted, the more aid you may receive.

Fill the FAFSA First! – before applying for any other grants or scholarships, all awards are based on your FAFSA form.

Also read into the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funds are often available for vocational school. These funds are offered at the state level and are used to help train for new vocations when they are unable to get a job in their current industry with their current skills.

If you have helpful information please share it below! It’s OK to add links if it’s good reference.


Share This