There are some scholarships specifically for Women entering the skilled trade and technical fields. There are also woman-specific scholarships available for those entering the culinary arts career field, such as those awarded by the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). These are merit-based and the student must carry a high GPA of 3.2.
For full-time students who are entering STEM fields where Women aren’t well-represented, such as economics, engineering, science, and data security, there’s the American Association of University Women fellowships and grants.
5 Trade and Tech Scholarships For Women
- Automotive Women’s Alliance Foundation Scholarship – “Scholarships are awarded to female, North American citizens, with a passion for a career or advancement in the automotive and its related industries.”
- Women in Skilled Trades Scholarship Program – Offered by Tulsa Welding School, is a need-based scholarship program that is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible female students enrolled at Tulsa Welding School.
- Horizon Scholarship for Women in Defense for Women headed into criminal justice, engineering, computer & IT or any other field of study. Recent scholarship winners went into fields like homeland security, data science, robotics, international economics and national security policy!
- Association of Women Contractors Scholarship – The AWC, located in Minnesota, offers financial help in the form of scholarships to female students and apprentices who are pursuing careers in the construction industry.
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund – JRF provides scholarships and support for low-income Women ages 35 and older pursuing a technical, vocational, associate, or bachelor’s degree.
This is not a complete list of scholarships for Women, it is meant to give you some examples of the types of scholarships available. Be sure to talk to your school’s admissions or financial aid representative to learn about other opportunities that might exist.
Good sites for finding more scholarship information
- Fast Web – targeted scholarship search,
- Cappex – match with potential scholarships by filling out a form.
Do you know some great scholarship resources for Women? Please add them in a comment!
Reference and more reading: