Find local trade schools or online technical colleges with accredited medical billing certificate or associate’s degree programs. Use the search application to connect with a school or online program.
Schools with Medical Billing Programs
The trade schools and colleges listed here are accredited and have financial aid assistance for students who qualify.
- Hope Medical Coding and Billing Institute
- Miller Motte College
- Florida Career College
- Hunter Business School
- Daymar College
- Southern Technical
- Fortis Institute
- Lincoln Technical Institute
All colleges are not listed here, use the search application to find your local options.
Schools with Online Medical Billing Programs
- Daymar College – Online Billing & Coding Specialist
- Miller-Motte Technical College – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- Keiser University – Health Services Administration
- McCann School of Business & Technology – Online Medical Billing and Coding
What does a medical biller do? A medical biller has three parts to their job: creating claims, transaction reports, and patient billing. A medical biller will be skillful at helping all parties involved navigate the murky waters of laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Difference between medical billing & coding
- Medical billers assign codes and insurance information and insert them into the billing software.
- Medical coders decipher the documents written by the doctors or nurses and apply the appropriate procedure codes.