Find a trade school or technical college in Georgia with mechanic certification training classes or associate’s degree programs. Use the search application to locate accredited GA. automotive technology programs, motorcycle mechanic training, diesel mechanic training, ASE certification classes and more.
Georgia Mechanic Trade Schools
Our partner trade schools in Georgia are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- UEI – Campus located in Morrow, GA.
How To Become An Auto Mechanic: Since many employers want their auto mechanics to have training behind them, here’s what you may need to do:
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- You can choose to go to a trade school; programs last around 6 months.
- You can go to community college and get an associate’s degree; programs last two years for full time students.
If you graduate from a program, you’ll need less hands-on training.
“What does an auto mechanic do? An auto mechanic‘s job is to diagnose and fix cars, light trucks, and other types of vehicles. Most places you’ll work will have the same type of job requirements:
- You’ll use computerized diagnostics to identify issues.
- You’ll perform typical routine maintenance such as rotating tires, changing the oil, and checking fluid levels of the vehicle.
- You’ll put the vehicle through tests to make sure everything is working up to par.“