Go to: Online Accounting Degree Programs. Colleges and Accredited Technical Schools with online and classroom accounting degree programs and bookkeeping courses like computerized accounting specialist, business accounting, accounting tech and more. Find vocational training in the accounting career field from a technical college near you. Online, accelerated and hybrid (classroom/online) class options are available at most schools.
Fill out Top Trade School’s free app and get contacted by the school of your choice, it’s that easy.
Colleges with Online & Classroom Accounting Programs
Available Online Accounting Degrees include:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s in Management with Accounting Specialty
- Bachelor’s in Technical Management with Accounting Specialty
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Accounting
- Master in Financial Management
- Craduate CPA Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting
“There are a few different areas for an accountant to practice. Some specialize based on the industry they work in, while others choose their specialty during their education process.
- Tax Accountant: Tax accountants are, perhaps, the most common. Their clients are individuals, businesses, and government. Tax accountants focus more on the legal tax documents that must be filed.
- Financial Accountant: Financial accountants earn a little over $58,000 per year, and experience does not seem to have a factor on the salary. Financial accountants work within large corporations, usually on official earning statements and quarterly reports. Working in this type of accounting position can open up Chief Financial Officer positions due to its corporate nature.
- Forensic Accountant/Auditor: Forensic accountants concentrate on fraud, embezzlement, bankruptcies, contract disputes, and other criminal activity. By using a combination of knowledge in a variety of areas such as finances, accounting, and investigation techniques, forensic accountants can pinpoint illegal activity for whichever hiring entity, whether corporate or individual. According to Payscale, the median salary for forensic accounts is around $64,000 annually.
- Managerial Accountants: Managerial accountants make around $60k per year, on average. This accounting specialty focuses on helping management staff of a business make educated decisions. Managerial accountants need to be highly trained in the industry but also need have an understanding of the business so that they can present the information in a clear, and concise way.”