Find local trade schools and online technical colleges with architecture, architecture technician, CAD certificate classes and other degree programs. Use the search application to find a technical college near you.
Colleges with Architecture & Drafting Programs
Not all programs are available in all locations, use the search application to see your local options.
- Berks Technical Institute
- New England Institute of Technology
- YTI Career Institute
- Keiser University
“The job description of an architect may vary depending on the employer or their specialization. Generally speaking, architects meet with their prospective client where they determine the scope and requirements of the project. From there, the architect will give a cost and time estimate, and the client will decide whether or not they want to move forward. Once everything has been agreed upon, the architect will draw up a detailed rendering of a house plan or business office building, either hand-drawn or through a computer program such as CADD.
Cost of Architecture Programs:
“An undergraduate degree in architecture can cost between $15,000-$60,000 annually including the cost of tuition, books, and other associated fees. Graduate(master’s) programs can cost anywhere between $14,000 to $38,000 per year.”
Different Types of Architects:
- Landscape – Work on gardens, public outdoor spaces, golf courses, and college campuses. Landscape architects need to know how to use CADD, have an eye for detail, and be good at math.
- Software – Work on a variety of software project types. Software architects must have a bachelor’s degree in a computer field, most have multiple certifications and a graduate degree too.
- Naval – Designing and developing new ships and boats.
There are online architecture programs available in some locations.