Experience the difference when you begin your career training journey at Delta Technical College. Also known as “Delta Tech”, or DTC, Delta Technical College provides hands-on training in the allied health, truck driving, cosmetology, and mechanical trade fields. With many training program options and a variety of class schedules, Delta Tech offers students an accredited and accelerated education.
Founded in 2004, Delta Tech’s mission is to provide hands-on training and resources that prepare students with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a rewarding career in the skilled trades.
Programs at Delta Technical College
The following career training programs and courses are offered at Delta Technical College*:
- CDL Training Course
- Professional Truck Driving
- Welding and Pipefitting
- HVAC/R Technician
- Industrial, Commercial, and Residential (I/C/R) Electrician
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Several of Delta Tech’s programs require students to complete an externship. Externships give students the opportunity to gain experience working in a professional setting in their chosen field. By working under the guidance of licensed professionals, students observe and practice the hands-on skills taught in Delta Tech classrooms and labs.
*Not all programs are available at all campuses
What Makes Delta Tech Different?
It is the hope of Delta Tech to provide students with the skills needed to foster a life-long, rewarding career path. Delta Tech focuses on teaching industry-specific skills that are necessary to secure an entry-level position and continue toward long-term success.
What else sets DTC apart from other trade schools?
- Hands-On Focused: Delta Tech programs provide hands-on training in labs that simulate real working environments to help prepare students to meet the demands of today’s employers.
- Accelerated Training: Most of Delta Tech’s programs and courses can be completed in less than a year. These accelerated programs can help students enter the workforce faster than many traditional 2-year and 4-year programs.
- Experienced Instructors: All instructors have real-world experience in their career field, so students can confidently learn from industry professionals.
- Flexible Class Schedules: Various class times are offered to help work with students’ busy schedules, with daytime and evening classes available for several programs.*
- Employment Preparation: Delta Tech prepares students to earn the qualifications and certifications needed to begin working in their chosen career field.
- Career Placement Services: All qualified graduates receive career placement assistance.
*Not all programs offer evening classes.
Delta Technical College Admissions
The Admissions Team at Delta Tech is friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to guide potential students through the admissions process. Enrollment at Delta Tech is completed in just three easy steps:
- Meet with an Admissions Representative. To get connected with a Delta Tech Admissions Representative, call 866-733-6652. You may also walk-in to your local campus (no appointment required) Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Take a Campus Tour. Your Admissions Representative will take you on a campus tour. You’ll be able to explore the labs and classrooms at Delta Tech and learn more about your program of choice.
- Meet with Delta Tech’s Financial Aid Team. The Financial Aid Representatives at Delta Tech are dedicated to helping you understand what financial assistance you may be qualified for. The Financial Aid Team can also assist you with filling out your FAFSA and exploring any scholarship options you might qualify for.
Connect with Delta Technical College today to begin the enrollment process. Class schedules at Delta Tech are flexible, and most programs can be completed in less than one year.
Delta Tech Graduate Reviews
“DTC gave me a chance to push myself. Being a mom with three kids and a husband…you can reach your dream if you set your mind to it. It’s a very great school and everyone is very friendly and nice to you.” – Penny, Medical Coding Specialist Graduate at DTC’s Horn Lake, MS Campus
“I’ve learned a skill that I can forever do. I faced my fears and did something I never dreamed of doing. I’m proud of myself for taking the steps I needed to change me and my daughter’s lives.” – Nadia, Professional Truck Driving Graduate at DTC’s Horn Lake, MS Campus
“DTC gave me a great opportunity to pursue my career and several opportunities to work in my desired field!” – Dewonna, Medical Assisting Graduate at DTC’s Horn Lake, MS Campus
“DTC provided me with the skills I needed to advance in my medical career. I was given a chance to connect with other people in the medical field, such as doctors and NPs, through the work study program which opened numerous doors.” – Shaquille, Medical Assisting Graduate at DTC’s Ridgeland, MS Campus
“DTC provided me with the skills and connections to be able to provide for my family.” – Cody, Welding Graduate at DTC’s Horn Lake, MS Campus
“I met some great people at Delta Tech who helped me achieve goals on and off the campus.” – Jayda, CDL Training Graduate at DTC’s Horn Lake, MS Campus
Student Services at Delta Tech – Supporting You!
The student services offered at Delta Tech help support student success from enrollment through graduation. Delta Tech has a dedicated team of Student Success Specialists (SSS) – who assist students with their needs as they arise.
Delta Tech understands that students’ circumstances vary, which is why their dedication to student success doesn’t end at the classroom door.
Delta Tech Student Success Specialists can help students with:
- Finding housing/apartments
- Locating childcare
- Strengthening interview skills
- Finding part-time employment
- Receiving tutoring
- Building a resume
- Organizing transportation and/or carpooling
In addition to the services that the Student Success Specialists provide, students can also find support on campus through other student services and events.
These services include but are not limited to:
- Resume workshops
- Interview preparation
- 1:1 Tutoring
- Computer labs
- Networking events & job fairs
- Campus events to connect with other students
- Community events to give back
- Leadership & volunteer opportunities
- Career Placement Services (available to all qualified graduates)
Listed above are just some of the support services students receive when they choose Delta Technical College.
Financial Aid Opportunities at Delta Tech
The majority of Delta Technical College’s students receive some form of financial assistance. The friendly and knowledgeable Financial Aid Team at Delta Tech is experienced in guiding students through the FAFSA process. The team also prioritizes helping students understand what financial assistance they might be qualified for.
Since Delta Tech is not a traditional university, there is no deadline to apply for any forms of federal financial aid. Students can apply at any point before their selected program’s start date.
Delta Technical College is approved for the following Federal Grant and Loan programs:
- Federal Pell Grant William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan
Delta Technical College: Campus Locations
Delta Tech has provided skilled trades training to the Mid-South since 2004, with two locations in Mississippi.
Delta Technical College Campuses:
- Delta Technical College, Horn Lake, MS (near Memphis, TN)
- Delta Technical College, Ridgeland, MS (near Jackson, MS)
Is Delta Technical College Accredited?
As an additional note, the HVAC/R Program at Delta Tech’s Horn Lake campus is accredited by HVAC Excellence – the industry’s largest technical certification organization.
In addition to national accreditation, Delta Tech instructors have several years of expertise within their field of instruction. Whether your program is phlebotomy, trucking, welding, or cosmetology, Delta Tech’s faculty has real-world experience in the field they instruct.
What difference can Delta Tech make in your future?
Delta Technical College Helpful Links
Career Opportunities Ahead: Enroll at Delta Technical College Today!
With experienced instructors, hands-on training, and a wide variety of resources available to students, Delta Tech is a great place to start the path toward your future career. If you are interested in exploring careers in the skilled trades, learn more about Delta Technical College.
Delta Tech is a partner trade school, get connected with Delta Technical College today!