There are many different types of trade schools out there, some schools specialize in 1 or 2 careers and others offer a full list of programs. In this article you’ll find examples from accredited skilled trade schools, technical colleges, and medical trade schools.
Many trade schools specialize in shorter programs that will train you for certification or licensing in your career of choice. Though, trade schools are not limited to these fast trade school programs. Many trade schools and technical colleges offer all types of programs including associate’s and bachelors degrees.
Two of the major reasons many people choose a trade school education over a traditional college education is the length of time it takes to complete a program and the relative cost.
Use the program search application to connect with a trade school near you.
All Different Types of Trade Schools
The following information includes examples of our accredited partner schools. You can click the school links to learn more about each one. On the school pages you’ll find accreditation information, available programs, and campus locations.
Trade Schools with Welding Programs
Here’s a short list of partner trade schools that offer welding programs. These schools offer certificate training classes and accredited associate’s programs in welding technology. Some of these schools have training for other skilled trades too
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute – STVT has welding and other skilled trade training options.
- Tulsa Welding School – Specializes in welder training.
- All State Career School – All State has welder training and other skilled trade programs.
- UEI College – UEI offers welding and other skilled trade programs.
Trade Schools with HVAC/R Training
These trade schools offer HVAC technician training and other certificate and accredited skilled trade programs. The HVAC training programs offered by these partner schools include certificate training classes, diploma courses, and associate’s degree programs in HVAC technology.
- The Refrigeration School – RSI offers HVAC and electrical training programs.
- Career College of Northern Nevada – CCNN has HVAC training and other skilled trade programs.
- Lincoln Technical Institute – Lincoln Tech has multiple campuses with HVAC training. They also have many other skilled trade and medical programs.
- Midwest Technical Institute – MTI has HVAC/R training and a nice variety of trades programs across four campuses.
- Tidewater Tech – Tidewater Tech has HVAC training, auto, electrical, and building maintenance programs.
Trade Schools with Mechanic Programs
At a mechanic trade school you may find a variety of mechanic training programs including automotive technology, diesel engine technology, and small engine repair.
- Arizona Automotive Institute – AAI has mechanic training programs like automotive service technology and diesel engine repair.
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute – STVT has mechanic training programs such as automotive service technician and diesel/heavy truck mechanic.
- San Joaquin Valley College – Offers an automotive maintenance technician program.
- Porter and Chester – Porter and Chester Institute offers automotive technology programs.
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance – AIM offers an aviation maintenance technician program as well as welding and industrial manufacturing training.
- National Aviation Academy – They have programs such as airframe mechanics, aircraft maintenance technology, and avionics maintenance tech.
- San Joaquin Valley College – SJVC has an aviation maintenance technician program along with many other skilled trade and medical programs.
Trade Schools with Electrical Programs
These trade schools offer accredited electrical training programs such as electrical diploma, electrical technology associate’s degree, and electronic systems technician. Most of these partner schools have other types of skilled trade and technical programs too.
- Porter & Chester – PCI has electrical programs like electrician and electronic systems technician. They also have other skilled trade and medical programs.
- Florida Technical College – FTC has an electrical diploma program along with HVAC, welding, and more.
- Fortis Institute – Fortis has electrical trades and electronic systems technician training programs. They also have many other skilled trade and technical training courses.
- Lincoln Technical Institute – Lincoln Tech has an electrician and electronics program as well as HVAC, welding, and more.
Trade Schools with Medical Training Programs
These are partner trade schools that have accredited on-campus or online medical and healthcare programs. At these schools you’ll find training in the medical, dental, or other healthcare industries. Programs like dental assistant, medical assistant, medical insurance billing, pharmacy technology, and healthcare administration are common at schools like these.
- All State Career School – All State has medical training programs like pharmacy technology, medical assisting, or medical billing and coding.
- Central Penn – Programs include medical assisting, medical coding, phlebotomy and more.
- Centura College – Centura College offers medical programs like medical assisting and medical assistant with limited-scope radiologic technology.
- Dawn Career Institute – Dawn Career Institute has medical training like medical assistant and dental assistant, They offer skilled trade programs as well.
- Fortis Institute – Fortis has many medical career training programs including medical lab technician, surgical technology, nursing, and x-ray tech.
- Meridian College – Their medical programs include medical office administration, billing and coding specialist, and medical assistant.
- Miller-Motte Technical College – MMC has medical training programs like healthcare information technology, veterinary technology, and pharmacy technician. They have business, IT and criminal justice programs too.
- Pima Medical Institute – Pima specializes in medical training and has programs like medical assistant, dental assistant, and pharmacy technician.
- Remington College – Remington college has a list medical training programs like medical office administration, pharmacy technology, medical, and dental assisting. They also have skilled trade programs to choose from.
- South College – South college has many medical career training programs including physical therapy assistant, surgical technology, health science, dental hygiene, and nursing.
- The College of Health Care Professions – CHCP specializes in medical and healthcare career training. Their programs include medical billing & coding, medical assisting, and radiologic technology.
CDL Training Schools
CDL training schools have training in CDL Class A commercial truck driving, Class B truck driving, and sometimes bus driving. Some of these schools also offer different CDL license endorsement classes like HAZMAT, doubles and triples. Find local CDL training through schools such as:
- C.R England
- National Tractor Trailer School
- New England Tractor Trailer Training School
- Phoenix Truck Driving Institute
- Swift Transportation
- TMC Transportation
- Yuma Truck Driving School
- Sage Truck Driving Schools
- HDS Truck Driving Institute
- Commercial Driver Training
Cosmetology & Wellness Schools
Cosmetology, beauty and wellness schools generally specialize in programs like hairstylist, makeup art, nail technician and massage therapy. Look into these partner schools for outstanding cosmetology and licensed massage therapist training:
- Cosmetology and Spa Academy – This cosmetology school offers programs like barbering, esthetics, and cosmetology educator.
- Chattanooga College – Programs include cosmetology, aesthetics, and manicuring.
- Southern Careers Institute – SCI cosmetology school offers a cosmetology operator program.
Trade Schools with Criminal Justice Programs
There are many trade schools where you can find programs in criminal justice. At these schools you’ll find on-campus and online classroom options. these schools offer certificate and associate’s degree programs like criminal justice, cyber security, corrections, and paralegal. Besides criminal justice programs, many of these schools also offer programs in business and healthcare administration too.
- Miller-Motte College – MMC has criminal justice programs including Associate in Specialized Business and Associate of Occupational Science.
- South University – South University has on-campus and online programs in criminal justice like paralegal studies. They also have medical training programs like allied health science.
- ECPI – ECPI has a bachelor’s program in criminal justice.
- Gwinnett College – Gwinnett offers paralegal diploma and degree programs.
Trade Schools with Culinary Arts Programs
Culinary school will bring out the best chef in you. You’ll learn to create everything from mouth watering main dishes to delectable desserts with any of these fine programs. These schools also have programs like restaurant management and food services specialist.
- Florida Technical College – FTC offers culinary diploma programs such as culinary arts or baking and pastry arts.
- Lincoln Culinary Institute – Specializes in culinary training with their culinary arts and food services program.
- Sullivan University – Programs include associate of science in culinary arts and professional baking diploma.
- Keiser University – Keiser offers culinary arts and baking/pastry arts programs.
Trade Schools with Computer and IT Programs
Computer and IT schools will train you for positions such as an computer technician, audiovisual tech, or IT technician. You can find excellent IT programs at some of these campuses:
- Florida National University – FNU has IT programs like computer IT, networking systems administrator, and BS information technology. They also offer on-campus and online healthcare administration and criminal justice programs.
- Southeastern College – Southeastern College has an Associate in Applied Science in Information Technology program.
- South College – South College has an AS Information Technology program.
- Wichita Technical Institute – WTI has computer technology and network administration programs. They also offer skilled trade and medical career training.
Reference and more reading: