Accredited online medical coding/certified coding specialist (CCS) training programs and other medical degree courses at trade schools, technical colleges and universities across the US. Train for a career in the rapidly expanding healthcare industry with an online CCS course.
An accredited medical coding (CCS) program will teach you to:
- Translate patient information into a medical code,
- Submit claims to insurance companies,
- Generate invoices,
- Handle payments and more.
Schools with Accredited Online CCS Programs
- Ultimate Medical Academy – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- Miller-Motte Technical College – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- Blue Cliff College – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- McCann School of Business & Technology – Online Medical Billing and Coding
More Medical Trade Schools with CCS Programs
Accelerated online, weekend classroom and hybrid (classroom/online) course options are available at these schools too.
Difference between medical billing & coding
- Medical billers assign codes and insurance information and insert them into the billing software.
- Medical coders decipher the documents written by the doctors or nurses and apply the appropriate procedure codes.
About Medical Coding
Medical coders are the translators of “doctor speak.” They take what the doctor writes on a patient’s chart and translate it as carefully as possible into the proper insurance coding. This is to make sure the patient gets billed correctly, and the insurance company accurately reimburses the doctor’s office.
Each action, from the moment a patient walks through the doors of a medical facility to the time they check out to leave, has a code. Every step that is taken is transcribed into the medical chart, and it’s up to the coder to accurately represent the activity, such as tests and diagnoses, with the proper code.