Find accredited medical coding certificate training classes (CCS) and associate degree programs at local medical trade schools and online technical colleges.
In a medical coding certification training program you’ll learn to:
- Translate patient information into a medical code,
- Submit claims to insurance companies,
- Generate invoices,
- Handle payments and more.
Use the search application to find a local or online medical coding program.
Difference between medical billing & coding
- Medical billers assign codes and insurance information and insert them into the billing software.
- Medical coders decipher the documents written by the doctors or nurses and apply the appropriate procedure codes.
Colleges with Medical Coding Programs
All listed schools are accredited and offer financial aid assistance for students who qualify.
- Hope Medical Coding and Billing Institute
- All State Career
- Arizona College
- Berks Technical institute
- Career College of Northern Nevada
- Carrington College
- Centura College
- Fortis Institute
- Institute of Technology
- Interactive College of Technology
- Keiser University
- Miller Motte College
- Platt College
- Porter & Chester
- Remington College
- St Leo University
- San Joaquin Valley College
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
- Southeastern College
- Southern Careers Institute
- Sullivan University
- The College of Health Care Professions
- Wichita Technical Institute
All schools are not listed here, use the search application to find your local options.
About Medical Coding
Medical coders are the translators of “doctor speak.” They take what the doctor writes on a patient’s chart and translate it as carefully as possible into the proper insurance coding. This is to make sure the patient gets billed correctly, and the insurance company accurately reimburses the doctor’s office.
Each action, from the moment a patient walks through the doors of a medical facility to the time they check out to leave, has a code. Every step that is taken is transcribed into the medical chart, and it’s up to the coder to accurately represent the activity, such as tests and diagnoses, with the proper code.
Try our CCS practice exam.