Find accredited online medical billing certificate or degree programs at trade schools, technical colleges and universities across the US. Use the search application to find an online school and begin training for a medical billing career today.
What does a medical biller do? A medical biller has three parts to their job: creating claims, transaction reports, and patient billing. A medical biller will be skillful at helping all parties involved navigate the murky waters of laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Schools with Online Medical Billing Programs
- Ultimate Medical Academy – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- Miller-Motte Technical College – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- Blue Cliff College – Online Medical Billing and Coding
- McCann School of Business & Technology – Online Medical Billing and Coding
The schools listed here are accredited as of 10/10/18. I looked up the accreditation myself and listed it on each individual school info page.
Difference between medical billing & coding
- Medical billers assign codes and insurance information and insert them into the billing software.
- Medical coders decipher the documents written by the doctors or nurses and apply the appropriate procedure codes.