Find New York State mechanic certification training and associate’s degree programs at local trade schools and technical colleges. Use the search application to locate accredited automotive technology programs, motorcycle mechanic training, diesel mechanic training, ASE certification classes and more.
New York Mechanic Training Schools
These colleges and universities are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Universal Technical Institute
- NY Automotive & Diesel Institute
- Lincoln Tech
- National Aviation Academy
“How do I become an auto mechanic?
You’re an auto mechanic, but you also answer to service technician or service tech. Since most employers want their auto mechanics to have some sort of serious training behind them, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- To heighten your chances of getting a job, you’ll need some postsecondary education and training.
- You can choose to go to a trade school; programs last around 6 months.
- Or you can go to community college and get your associate’s degree; programs last two years if you attend full time.
- If you graduate from a program, you’ll need minimal amounts of hands-on training.