Find trade schools and technical colleges with accredited online computer programming, software developer, and software engineering degree programs.
Use the search application to connect with your online software engineering or programming school.
Colleges With Information Technology Programs
All listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to students who qualify.
- Keiser University – Online Programming
- South College – Online Software Developer
- FlatIron School – Online Software Engineering
- Miller Motte – Information Technology
- McCann School of Business – Information Technology
- Berks Technical Institute – Information Technology
- Interactive College of Technology – Information Technology
Schools offer programs like software engineering, cybersecurity engineering, programming and IT. All schools with programming and other IT programs are not listed here, use the application to connect with a school.
Computer Programmer Job Description
Many programmers do their job remotely. When working on large projects, it’s not uncommon to work on a big team. As a programmer you will:
- Review the written program and confirm its requirements
- Prepare the workflow
- Use computer language such as C++, Java, Ruby on Rails, Python to move the workflow to the proper language
- Update already written programs
How to become a computer programmer:
- Finish high school with a diploma or get your GED.
- Find a program. Most employers prefer to hire a programmer who has a bachelor’s degree.
- Choose your area of specialization such as database development or web development.