Find accredited online colleges and technical schools with IT certificate and degree programs like computer science. Accelerated and hybrid (classroom/online) comp-sci course options are available at some schools.
“What computer scientists do:
- You’ll analyze all the issues with computers and brainstorm how to take care of them.
- If there’s a computing problem, you’ll try to solve it.
- You love algorithms; they help when you’re designing the new system architecture.
- Be an inventor of computer languages, tools, and methods in order to enhance computer and human interaction.
- Run tests and analyze the results of the operation’s experiments.“
Colleges with IT Programs
All listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Miles Community College
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- Central Penn College
- Sullivan University
- Iowa Central Community College
- Fortis Institute
All schools are not listed here, use the search application to find your local options.
Salary info: “There is no doubt that computer scientists are pretty well compensated; $111K is the median salary. Even entry level earn over $64K, and the top 10 percent earning almost $170K. The highest paying industries for computer science are software publishers ($126K median salary), research and development in the sciences ($123K median salary), and computer systems designs ($116K median salary). The states that pay the highest salaries are Oregon ($154K), New York ($146K), Washington ($133K), New Hampshire ($128K), and Virginia ($126K).”