Find an accredited computer science degree course at a local trade school or online technical college. Accelerated and hybrid (classroom/online) computer science program options are available at many schools.
“Do computer scientists make a lot of money?
There is no doubt that computer scientists are pretty well compensated; $111K is the median salary. Even entry level earn over $64K, and the top 10 percent earning almost $170K.“[ref]
Colleges with Computer Science
All listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Miles Community College
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- Central Penn College
- Sullivan University
- Virginia College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Fortis Institute
“What computer scientists do:
- You’ll analyze all the issues with computers and brainstorm how to take care of them.
- If there’s a computing problem, you’ll try to solve it.
- You love algorithms; they help when you’re designing the new system architecture.
- Be an inventor of computer languages, tools, and methods in order to enhance computer and human interaction.
- Run tests and analyze the results of the operation’s experiments.“[ref]