Find an accredited cybersecurity associate or bachelor’s degree program at a local trade school or online technical college. Train for a career keeping computers and online information protected from cyber attacks and other malware threats.
Use the search application to connect with a trade school offering programs near you.
Colleges with Cybersecurity Programs
All listed schools are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
All colleges may not be listed here, use the search application to find your local or online program options.
Steps to Becoming a Cyber Security Professional
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- Enroll in a college and earn an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
- Find an entry level job as a network and systems administrator or in customer service support, to build your experience level.
- Earn certifications, even though they are voluntary. Being certified is highly regarded by some hiring managers.
- After gaining enough experience look for a more advanced position, such as information security analyst.