Find an accredited BS cyber security degree program near you at a local trade school or online technical college. Become a professional at keeping computers and online information protected from cyber attacks and other malware threats. Use the search application to pick a school, they’ll call you. How it works.
“Salaries average in the $110Ks for most of the positions, especially after you’ve been in the profession for around five to seven years.”[ref]
“What does a cyber security professional do?
- Utilizing every type of medium to stay on top of technology and security threats
- Being aware through analyzing and evaluating those threats
- Going through all the systems to check for any type of potential issue
- Putting in place proper security measures and establishing protocol
- Creating reports for shareholders
- Spreading the word, throughout the company, about security and its importance”[ref]
Colleges with Cyber-Security Degree Programs
All listed schools are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- American InterContinental University
- Colorado Technical University
- Sullivan University
- Fortis Institute
- Coleman University
- National College
- Keiser University
All colleges are not listed here, use the search application to find your local options.
“Type of schooling needed to become a cyber security pro.
- Get your high school diploma.
- Enroll in a four-year college where you’ll receive a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
- If your school allows this, complete an independent study project. This will give you some real-world experience as well as a boost on your resume.
- Find a job as a network and systems administrator or in customer service support to build your experience level. These are entry-level jobs, but they will help you to identify security issues.
- Certifications are voluntary, but having some is highly regarded by hiring managers. So, consider them.
- Once you’ve worked for a couple years, you will have gained enough experience to look for a more advanced position, such as an information security analyst.”[ref]