Culinary colleges and business schools with restaurant management degree programs near you. Online, accelerated and hybrid business class options are available at some schools. Use the search application to find a college near you.
Colleges with Restaurant Management Programs
What does a restaurant manager do?
- Oversee food preparation, portion size, and quality
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and fire staff
- Keep track of stock, ordering more supplies when necessary
- Create staff work schedules
- Complete payroll and tip division
- Make certain of patron and staff satisfaction
- Work with the chef to create a menu
- Balance the budget
- Head up the marketing and advertising
How much money does a restaurant manager make?
The median annual pay for restaurant managers is $51K, but if you work for a hotel chain or a special food service, you’ll make over $57K. Once you’ve been in the career for awhile, your salary will grow. The top 10 percent of restaurant managers are making over $87K on average.