Find Texas mechanic certification training and associate’s degree programs at local trade schools and technical colleges. Use the search application to locate accredited automotive technology programs, motorcycle mechanic training, diesel mechanic training, ASE certification classes and more.
“What does an auto mechanic do? An auto mechanic‘s job is to diagnose and fix cars, light trucks, and other types of vehicles. Most places you’ll work will have the same type of job requirements:
- You’ll use computerized diagnostics to identify issues.
- You’ll perform typical routine maintenance such as rotating tires, changing the oil, and checking fluid levels of the vehicle.
- You’ll put the vehicle through tests to make sure everything is working up to par.
Texas Mechanic Training Schools
These Texas colleges and universities are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
“How do I become an auto mechanic?
You’re an auto mechanic, but you also answer to service technician or service tech. Since most employers want their auto mechanics to have some sort of serious training behind them, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- To heighten your chances of getting a job, you’ll need some postsecondary education and training.
- You can choose to go to a trade school; programs last around 6 months.
- Or you can go to community college and get your associate’s degree; programs last two years if you attend full time.