Find an accredited physical therapy assistant program at a local medical trade school or online technical college. Use the search application to search for PT assistant and technician certificate training schools near you.
“How to Become a Physical Therapy Assistant: Unlike becoming a physical therapy aide, there is no on-the-job training for PTAs. You must go through an accredited associate degree program.
- Get your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Attend a physical therapy program that’s accredited with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. There are over 350 programs across the country.
- Physical therapy assistant programs last two years.
- There will be a brief amount of on-the-job training for your clinical experience.
- Every state will require you to have a license or certification.
Schools with PT Assistant Courses
All listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- St. Pauls School of Nursing
- Rockford Career College
- Hunter Business Schools
- Virginia College
- Florida Career College
- Keiser University
- Career Training Academy
- College of Winchester
- Berkeley College
- Platt College
Salary info: “The median annual wage for physical therapist aides was $25,730 in May 2017… The lowest 10 percent earned less than $19,620, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $38,490.”