Find a local trade school or technical college with physical therapy assistant certificate training classes or associate’s degree programs. Use the search application to to connect with as school offering PT assistant training near you.
Schools with Physical Therapy Assistant Programs
All listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
“How to Become a Physical Therapy Assistant: Unlike becoming a physical therapy aide, there is no on-the-job training for PTAs. You must go through an accredited associate degree program.
- Get your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Attend a physical therapy program that’s accredited with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. There are over 350 programs across the country.
- Physical therapy assistant programs last two years.
- There will be a brief amount of on-the-job training for your clinical experience.
- Every state will require you to have a license or certification.”