Find local colleges and online universities with psychology and human behavior degree programs. Use the program search application to connect with a school near you.
Schools with Psychology Programs
All listed colleges are accredited and have financial aid assistance for those who qualify.
Becoming a Psychologist:
- Graduate high school.
- Get a bachelor’s degree in psychology, which takes four years if you go to school full time.
- Get a master’s degree in psychology, which takes 2-3 years and prepares you for your doctorate program.
- Get your doctorate in psychology. You can get a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) or Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD). This can take between 4-7 years.
- The Doctor of Psychology degree focuses on clinical and practical work.
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology focuses on experimental methods and research.
- Complete your internship.
- Work 1-2 years under the supervision of an experienced psychologist.
- Get your license so you can practice on your own.”
“A master’s degree is sufficient for some positions. However, clinical, counseling, and research psychologists need a doctoral degree. If you want a private practice or to provide services directly to patients, you must also fulfill specific licensing and certification requirements as dictated by your state.”