Find local colleges and online universities with psychology and human behavior degree programs.
“A master’s degree is sufficient for some positions. However, clinical, counseling, and research psychologists need a doctoral degree. If you want a private practice or to provide services directly to patients, you must also fulfill specific licensing and certification requirements as dictated by your state.”
Use the search application to find your local course options.
Schools with Psychology Courses
All listed colleges are accredited and have financial aid assistance for those who qualify.
- Grantham University (classroom and online)
- Miles Community College (classroom and online)
- Keiser University (classroom and online)
- Sullivan University (classroom and online)
“The basic track necessary to becoming a psychologist:
- Graduate high school.
- Get a bachelor’s degree in psychology, which takes four years if you go to school full time.
- Get a master’s degree in psychology, which takes 2-3 years and prepares you for your doctorate program.
- Get your doctorate in psychology. You can get a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) or Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD). This can take between 4-7 years.
- The Doctor of Psychology degree focuses on clinical and practical work.
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology focuses on experimental methods and research.
- Complete your internship.
- Work 1-2 years under the supervision of an experienced psychologist.
- Get your license so you can practice on your own.”