Business administration duties vary depending on the position of the business administrator but will include tasks from overseeing operations to assuring conformance to safety, security, and regulatory standards.
Business Administrator Job Description
Most business administrators play a highly active role in their business, their actual job titles may be CEO, general manager, or operations manager. Some of the many duties a business administrator may be responsible for include:
- Oversee daily operations
- Supervise staff
- Improve business strategy
- Set goals and deadlines for different departments
- Create and implement best practices
- Monitor safety and security standards
- Conduct negotiations
- Minimize spend and maximize budget
- Prepare data/reports
- Assure conformance to health and regulatory standards
Business Administrator Education
Business administration may be a college, diploma, associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree program. These programs are designed to prepare you for many types of positions in a business setting. These programs typically focus on areas like business theory, business practices, and management.
A business administration program will prepare you for a wide variety of related career choices within the financial, human resources, marketing management, and healthcare administration fields.
Schools with Business Administration & Management Programs
Here is a list of some of our partner trade schools and colleges offering programs in the business career field such as business administration.
- Daymar College – Diploma & Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, and Human Resources
- Southeastern College – AAS Business Administration, Information Technology
- Columbia Southern University – Associate of Science in Business (Online)
- The College of Westchester – BBA in Business Administration (Online), Associate’s Degree in Accounting (Online)
- Waldorf University – AA Business (Online), AA Global Leadership (Online),
- Centura College – Associate of Applied Science in Business Management
- San Joaquin Valley College – Certificate in Business Office Administration, Construction Management
Business Administrator Salary
In 2021 the mean salary of administrative service managers was $113,030 per year or $54.34 per hour. The lowest 10 percent earned about $59,000, and the top 10 percent earned over $168,000.
Salary information was updated in March of 2022.
If this career sounds like the one for you, find a business administration program now.