Midwest Technical Institute is a year-round trade school providing hands-on training in the mechanical trades, truck driving, cosmetology, and allied health fields.
MTI has provided students with hands-on skilled trades training for over 25 years! In 1995, MTI founders Brian Huff and Mike Casper worked as welders. Both colleagues noticed an industry-wide need for improved training. Without local welding training opportunities around, both Huff and Casper decided to take matters into their own hands.
Midwest Technical Institute was initially founded to offer this much needed welding training. Its quick success led to the school’s expansion to include other in-demand industries, along with a total of four campuses – three across Illinois and one in Springfield, Missouri.
Midwest Technical Institute Programs
Midwest Technical Institute offers the following career training programs and courses*:
- CDL Training Course
- Professional Truck Driving Program
- HVAC/R Technician Program
- Welding Program
- Welding & Pipefitting Program
- Basic Nursing Assistant Course
- Medical Assisting Program
- Dental Assisting Program
- Medical Coding Specialist Program
- Medical Coding Specialist Hybrid Program
- Cosmetology Program
- Massage Therapy Program
- Phlebotomy Course
At MTI, several of our programs require students to complete an externship. MTI externships are geared towards hands-on, professional training for students in their chosen field. Students will work at a job site under the guidance of licensed professionals to observe, learn, and practice the hands-on skills that they have learned through MTI’s training.
*Not all programs are available at all campuses
What Makes MTI Different?
MTI’s mission is simple – to equip its graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to gain entry-level employment in their chosen career field. By pairing hands-on learning with excellent instructors and resources, MTI equips students with the tools needed to pursue a long-term and rewarding career path.
What else sets Midwest Technical Institute apart from other trade schools?
- Hands-On Focused: MTI’s programs provide hands-on training in labs that simulate real working environments to help prepare students to meet the demands of today’s employers.
- Accelerated Training: Most of MTI’s programs and courses can be completed in less than a year. These accelerated programs can help students enter the workforce faster than many traditional programs.
- Experienced Instructors: All of MTI’s instructors have real-world experience in their career field, so students can confidently learn from industry professionals.
- Flexible Class Schedules: MTI offers class times that work for students’ busy schedules, with daytime and evening classes.*
- Employment Preparation: MTI prepares students to earn the qualifications and certifications they need to begin working in their chosen career field.
- Career Placement Services: All qualified graduates receive career placement assistance.
*Not all programs offer evening classes.
Midwest Technical Institute Admissions
The knowledgeable and friendly Admissions Team at MTI is always available to guide potential students through the admissions process. At MTI, enrollment is completed in just three easy steps:
- Meet with an Admissions Representative. To get connected with an MTI Admissions Representative, call 800-814-5124, or visit their website to request more information. You can also walk-in to your local campus (no appointment required) Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Take a Campus Tour. Your Admissions Representative will take you on a campus tour. You’ll be able to explore MTI’s labs and classrooms and learn more about your program of choice.
- Meet with MTI’s Financial Aid Team. The Financial Aid Representatives at MTI are dedicated to helping you understand what financial assistance you may be qualified for. The Financial Aid Team can also assist you with filling out your FAFSA and exploring any scholarship options you may qualify for.
Get connected with Midwest Technical Institute today to begin your enrollment process! Class schedules at MTI are flexible and most programs can be completed in less than a year.
MTI Graduate Reviews
“MTI helped me tremendously. If I would’ve gone to a traditional college it would’ve taken me 2 plus years to graduate. At MTI, I was able to get done in 9 months and got right out and got a job.” – Tricia, Medical Assisting graduate at MTI’s East Peoria, IL campus
“I took that leap and decided to enroll at MTI and I am absolutely 100% glad I did. I love my job! I met wonderful people along the way, classmates, instructors, and now friends that helped me through my journey!” – Sarah, Dental Assisting graduate at MTI’s Springfield, MO campus
“I learned a skill that I take with me wherever I go and make money.” – Carl, Welding & Pipefitting graduate at MTI’s Springfield, MO campus
“MTI gave me hope back for my future. It allowed me to focus strictly on my career of choice. The amazing staff and my instructors provided me with all the support and information I needed to move forward after school. Forever thankful.” – Caytlin, Dental Assisting graduate at MTI’s Springfield, MO campus
“MTI 100% changed my life. Easily one of the most rewarding risks I’ve taken. Not only did it ‘pay’ off, but I truly love the career field. I was born to do this, and I can’t thank MTI and the teachers enough for giving me all the education to make it happen! MTI was the best decision I’ve ever made.” – Dylan, HVAC/R Technician graduate at MTI’s Springfield, IL campus
“MTI helped start my career in the medical field and since I have also received my CNA and found an amazing job doing what I love!” – Molly, Medical Assisting graduate at MTI’s Springfield, IL campus
Student Services at MTI
MTI is proud to offer several resources to support students’ journeys from enrollment through graduation.
MTI Student Services include but are not limited to:
- Resume workshops
- Interview preparation
- 1:1 Tutoring
- Computer labs
- Networking events & job fairs
- Campus events to connect with other students
- Community events to give back
- Leadership & volunteer opportunities
- Career Placement Services (available to all qualified graduates)
MTI’s Student Success Specialists are dedicated to helping students succeed in and outside of the classroom. This includes any necessary one-on-one assistance a student may need.
MTI’s Student Success Specialists can help students with:
- Finding housing/apartments
- Locating childcare
- Strengthening interview skills
- Finding part-time employment
- Receiving tutoring
- Building a resume
- Locating transportation and/or carpooling
Listed above are just some of the support services students receive when they choose Midwest Technical Institute. The Student Success Specialists also host many fun campus life activities, such as movie nights, food trucks, Spirit Week, and much, much more!
Financial Aid Opportunities at MTI
The majority of Midwest Technical Institute’s students receive some form of financial assistance. The friendly Financial Aid Team at MTI is knowledgeable and experienced in guiding students through the process, and in helping students understand what they might be qualified for.
Since MTI is not a traditional college, there is no deadline to apply for any forms of federal funding – including grants. Prospective students can apply at any point before their selected program’s start date.
MTI is approved for the following Federal Grant and Loan Programs:
- Federal Pell Grant William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan
Midwest Technical Institute Campus Locations
For over 25 years now, MTI has educated over 30,000 graduates, and has expanded its campus locations. Midwest Technical Institute has four campuses across Illinois and Missouri. MTI’s campus locations are:
Is MTI Accredited?
Choosing MTI means students receive training from a nationally accredited school. All four of Midwest Technical Institute campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Medical Assisting Program at all four of MTI’s campus locations is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), as well.
In addition to its national accreditation, the instructors at MTI have several years of expertise within their field of instruction. Whether your program is trucking, medical assisting, cosmetology, welding, or dental assisting, MTI’s teaching staff has experience you can rely on.
Midwest Technical Institute Helpful Links
Step Forward Toward a New Career with Training at MTI
Since its beginnings, MTI has positively shaped the future of its students. What difference can MTI make for you?
Connect with MTI today to get started!