Find online trade schools and technical colleges with accredited online psychology degree programs. All partner schools are accredited and have financial aid assistance for students who qualify.
Use the program search application to connect with a school offering online psychology courses.
Featured College with Online Psychology Programs
Partner schools are accredited and have financial aid assistance for students who qualify.
Psychologist Job Description & Career Path
What does a psychologist do? “Psychologists examine human mental processes and how they affect behavior. You will use observation, assessment, and experimentation to develop theories about the beliefs and feelings influencing your patient’s actions.” [ref]
The basic educational path to becoming a psychologist:
- “Graduate high school.
- Get a bachelor’s degree in psychology, which takes four years if you go to school full time.
- Get a master’s degree in psychology, which takes 2-3 years and prepares you for your doctorate program.
- Get your doctorate in psychology. You can get a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) or Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD). This can take between 4-7 years.
- The Doctor of Psychology degree focuses on clinical and practical work.
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology focuses on experimental methods and research.
- Complete your internship.
- Work 1-2 years under the supervision of an experienced psychologist.
- Get your license so you can practice on your own.” [ref]