Find an accredited Virginia trade school or technical college with welding certificate training classes and welding technology associate’s degree programs. There are no all online welding courses but there are schools with hybrid classroom/online programs.
Use the welder program search application to connect with a welding trade school in Virginia.
Welder Training Information
- How long are welder training programs? Trade school welder training programs take 3 months to 2 years and the credit hours generally total between 18-40 depending on your trade school program. A certificate of specialization will take between 3 months to 1 year. An associate degree in welding technology is generally 2 years going full time, or 60 to 80 credit hours.
- What type of classes are in a welding associate’s degree program? A welding technology program will include classes such as physics, chemistry, blueprint reading, metallurgy, mechanical drawing, and shop math.
Featured Virginia Trade Schools with Welding Programs
- Centura – School located in Richmond, VA.
- Tidewater Tech – School location in Norfolk, VA.
- Lincoln Tech – Nearby in Columbia, MD.
All Virginia trade schools are not listed here, use the search application or click a state link to find your local options.