Find accredited local trade schools and online technical colleges with industrial mechanic training programs. Use the search application to find a local school or online program and study for your industrial mechanic certificate or degree.
“What an industrial mechanic does:
- Reading the technical manuals included with the machinery in order to understand its parts and their function.
- Taking apart the malfunctioning machine.
- Examining the parts to find the culprit.
- Repairing or replacing bad parts.
- Performing diagnostics on machinery.
- Making sure all machines are working at optimal capacity.“
Colleges with Mechanics Training
All listed schools are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Arizona Automotive Institute
- Porter & Chester Institute
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- MMI Marine Mechanic Training
- Swift (trucking company)
- Universal Technical Institute
- NY Automotive & Diesel Institute
- Lincoln Tech
- Remington College
Industrial Mechanic Training Prerequisites:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have the physical capacity to be able to do the work.
- You’ll have one year of on-the-job training, minimally.